Makerere University Council offers 20 scholarships every year to female students joining the University. All Programmes in the Colleges at Makerere University for the Academic Year 2018/2019 are eligible for funding. Each College has 2 slots only. These scholarships are administered by the Gender Mainstreaming Directorate, Makerere University.
Scholarship applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Should be female
- Should be a first year student admitted at Makerere University Main Campus for 2018/2019 Academic Year
- Should be from a genuinely poor socio-economic background.
- Those not admitted on Uganda Government sponsorship to any public university.
- Those who do not hold any other scholarship e.g. District Scholarship, Kulika, student loan scheme, etc.
- Must be willing to participate in a selection process as shall be determined by the Gender Mainstreaming Directorate Scholarship Sub Committee
Your application should contain the following;
- A fully completed application form
- Photocopies of ‘O’ and ‘A’ level Academic Documents
- A Passport size photograph
- A copy of your Birth Certificate
- In case of deceased parents, copies of death certificate(s)
- A hand drawn physical map of LC I /Village of residence with clear directions of how to get to your home of residence from the nearest main road (indicate approximate distances in kilometres).
- A copy of your admission letter to Makerere University.
The scholarship offer covers only tuition, the applicant must be able to pay for functional fees, feeding, accommodation and other necessities required by the University for the duration of the Scholarship. Interested and eligible applicants should pick from and submit completed application forms to Room 402 Senate Building, Level 4, Gender Mainstreaming Directorate, by 12th September, 2018 at 5:00pm.
Download and fill the application form available here.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted